An exciting role as a Material Handler in our Reactor Room Department based in Danbury, Connecticut.
- 1st shift hours: Monday – Friday, 6:30am – 3:00pm
- 2nd shift hours: Monday – Friday, 2:30pm – 11:00pm (shift differential included)
- 3rd shift hours: Sunday – Friday, 10:30pm – 7:00am (shift differential included)
This function conducts processing operations related to purification of organic chemicals using distillation techniques and related support systems. This involves a range of activities including:
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Pours, blends, packs with attention to regulatory requirements and safety regulations. Follows adulteration control standards.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- May trace lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order; performs sampling; processes return shipments from customers.
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
- May lock warehouse and set alarms.
- Complies with all BRI environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures proper care, safety, maintenance and usage of technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Attention to detail. Ability to comply with industry regulations.
- Able to prepare routine paperwork, record data and file as required. Computer data entry. Reading and spelling proficiency. Understands weights and measures.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Operates loading/unloading equipment and computer use with appropriate software.
We offer… a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, Bonus program, profit sharing and 401k.
An Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.