An exciting role as a Material Handler in our Reactor Room Department based in Danbury, Connecticut.
This function conducts processing operations related to purification of organic chemicals using distillation techniques and related support systems. This involves a range of activities including:
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Pours, blends, packs with attention to regulatory requirements and safety regulations. Follows adulteration control standards.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- May trace lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order; performs sampling; processes return shipments from customers.
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
- May lock warehouse and set alarms.
- Complies with all BRI environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures proper care, safety, maintenance and usage of technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Attention to detail. Ability to comply with industry regulations.
- Able to prepare routine paperwork, record data and file as required. Computer data entry. Reading and spelling proficiency. Understands weights and measures.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Operates loading/unloading equipment and computer use with appropriate software.
We offer… a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, Bonus program, profit sharing and 401k.
An Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.