An exciting role as a Maintenance Technician/General Mechanical in our Production Facility based in Danbury, Connecticut.
This function assists in general maintenance of pipe cutting, preassembly and installation of plumbing systems and components under supervision. This function also monitors production management systems to determine operational status and system malfunctions. This function may build, test, troubleshoot, repair, design, and modify production equipment related to plumbing.
This involves a range of activities including:
- Knowledge of the mechanical operation of equipment such as pumps, boilers, heaters, and other plumbing components.
- Skill in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all types of plumbing systems.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains chilled water, steam, heat, water, gas, drainage, sewage, and other plumbing systems.
- Operates reamers, threading discs, sewer tapes, pipe cutters, snakes, and other plumbing equipment and hand tools.
- Assist with the instillation, repair or replacement of hot and cold water lines, building heating systems, valves, traps, backflow prevention devices and pipes.
- May operate machine tools to fabricate parts.
- Maintains current knowledge relevant to state-of-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Ensures proper care, safety and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Complies with all BRI environmental, and safety policies and procedures.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- May operate forklift and other heavy machinery.
- Assist with routine inspection and maintenance on building system components.
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. A directly related higher degree from an accredited institution or technical certification/license in a plumbing related field may be substituted for experience.
- Ability to record and/or log equipment operational status.
- Ability to utilize, test, maintain and modify a range of engineering equipment and apparatus.
- Ability to assist with building and testing engineering and/or scientific systems and components.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems maintenance and repair.
- Plumbing installation, maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Ability to read and follow technical instructions and manuals. Ability to write reports containing technical information.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
We Offer… a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, Bonus program, profit sharing and 401k.
An Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.