An exciting role as a Material Handler in our Distillation Department based in Danbury, Connecticut.
This function performs a variety of warehousing tasks and supporting distillation tasks. This involves a range of activities including:
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Transports, weighs, pours, blends, mixes, pumps and packs chemical materials with attention to regulatory requirements and safety regulations. Follows adulteration control standards.
- Sets up and adjusts distillation equipment. May operate heating, cooling, vacuum and pressure systems.
- Monitors process parameters to ensure product quality, yields and lot consistency.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order; performs sampling; processes return shipments from customers.
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment. May lock warehouse and set alarms.
- May trace lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- Ensures proper care, safety, maintenance and usage of technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Complies with all BRI environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Able to prepare routine paperwork, record data and file as required. Computer data entry. Reading and spelling proficiency. Understands weights and measures.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Knowledge of piping and valve operations to control processes.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of distillation.
- Ability to use interchangeably Metric and Imperial standards of weights and measures.
- Operates loading/unloading equipment and computer use with appropriate software.
We offer… a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, Bonus program, profit sharing and 401k.
An Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.