An exciting role as Receiving Clerk, based in Danbury, Connecticut.
This function performs a variety of receiving and shipping tasks. Under direct supervision, performs a variety of shipping and receiving tasks. Compares identifying information on incoming or outgoing shipments with purchase orders, invoices, or other documents. his involves a range of activities including:
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Packs, receives and handles material with attention to regulatory requirements and safety regulations. Follows adulteration control standards.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order; performs sampling; processes return shipments from customers.
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment. May lock warehouse and set alarms.
- Aid in housekeeping duties as needed.
- Complies with all BRI environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures proper care, safety, maintenance and usage of technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of one year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures.
- Attention to detail. Ability to comply with industry regulations.
- Able to prepare routine paperwork, calculate shipping costs, record data and file as required. Computer data entry. Reading and spelling proficiency. Understands weights and measures.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Operates loading/unloading equipment, postal and/or commercial shipping computer and appropriate software.
- Transports raw materials between facilities, CDL and Haz Mat endorsement a plus.
We offer… a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, Bonus program, profit sharing and 401k.
An Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.