An exciting role as a Reactor Room Chemist Level I, II or III based in Danbury, Connecticut.
- 1st shift hours: Monday – Friday, 6:30am – 3:00pm
- 2nd shift hours: Monday – Friday, 2:30pm – 11:00pm (shift differential included)
- 3rd shift hours: Sunday – Friday, 10:30pm – 7:00am (shift differential included)
This function conducts processing operations related to production of organic chemicals using synthetic chemical methods and related support systems. This involves a range of activities including:
- Sets up and adjusts chemical production equipment. Operates heating, cooling, and vacuum and pressure systems.
- Transports, weighs, mixes, and pumps chemical materials.
- Proper monitoring of processing steps to ensure product quality, lot consistency and yields.
- Controls process parameters through proper adjustments of feed rates, cooling and/or heating.
- Uses analytical equipment for assessing in-process and final product status. Understands principles of operation of the analytical equipment and, with supervision, interprets results.
- May serve as a technical resource for Production Technicians.
- Maintains all necessary production, safety, inventory, training and other records and/or logs as required, in written and/or computer format.
- Ensures proper care, safety, maintenance and usage of technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Receives and carries out instructions on specific assignment objectives.
- Complies with all BRI environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of organic and analytical chemistry.
- BS/BA in Chemistry or related field is generally preferred.
- Knowledge of piping and valve operations to control reactions.
- Ability to use interchangeably metric and U.S. standards of weights and measures and it’s application determining molar quantities.
- Skill in the operation of chemical production equipment.
- Skill in the use of physical and chemical analyses and interpretation of results.
We Offer… a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, Bonus program, profit sharing and 401k.
An Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.