An exciting role as a Production Technician in our Distillation Department based in Danbury, Connecticut.
This function conducts processing operations related to purification of organic chemicals using distillation techniques and related support systems. This involves a range of activities including:
- Sets up and adjusts distillation equipment. May operate heating, cooling, vacuum and pressure systems.
- Cleans, maintains and sets up distillation stills and equipment for product processing.
- Transports, weighs, pours, blends, mixes, pumps and packs chemical materials with attention to regulatory requirements and safety regulations. Follows adulteration control standards.
- Operates dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
- Monitors of process parameters to ensure product quality, yields and lot consistency.
- Maintains department database, prepares routine reports, and files shipping/receiving records.
- Ensures proper care, safety, maintenance and usage of technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Maintains all necessary production, safety, inventory, training and other records and/or logs as required, in written and /or computer format.
- May lock warehouse and set alarms.
- May use analytical equipment for assessing quality of distillation cuts and final products.
- Complies with all BRI environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Receives and carries out instructions on specific assignment objectives.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates Degree in Chemistry or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of distillation.
- Ability to use interchangeably Metric and Imperial standards of weights and measures.
- Knowledge of piping and valve operations to control processes.
- Skill in the operation of distillation and support equipment.
- Ability to prepare routine paperwork, record data and file as required. Computer data entry.
We offer… a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, Bonus program, profit sharing and 401k.
An Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.