An exciting role as Ph.D. Research Chemist Level III in our R&D Lab located in Danbury, Connecticut – Production Facility.
In this role you will design and conduct complex organic syntheses research, which requires in-depth knowledge of chemical applications. This position will conduct research and development activities involving analyses and evaluation of research data in support of an established chemical synthesis of existing and or new products. This function will also support production with technical and analytical assistance on an as needed basis.
This position covers a range of activities including:
- Designs and conducts experiments to improve existing or provide new synthetic pathways to current products as well as new materials.
- Produces small scale batches of existing or new products. Provides analyses of results to management.
- Conducts literature searches relevant to product and process development.
- Keeps current with new technology, equipment, and/or systems, and related information.
- Troubleshoots and provides support for in process production issues.
- Sets up, operates, and maintains analytical and research equipment. Selects, modifies and/or adapts equipment or procedures as required.
- Teaches, instructs, and/or up-dates others in research techniques and equipment usage. May provide functional direction to other chemists and/or technicians.
- Ensures proper care, safety, maintenance and usage of technology, equipment.
- Complies with all BRI environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Participates in process design and develops written processes for production.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- PhD degree from an accredited college or university with at least 5-10 years’ experience.
- Experience in chemical organic synthesis is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and techniques of synthetic organic chemistry as applied to the flavor, fragrance, and/or pheromone industry.
- Ability to use independent judgment, self-direct, design, oversee, coordinate, and lead with regards to research projects.
- Skill in the operation of laboratory equipment used for analysis, synthesis, and distillation.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Excellent organizing and coordinating capabilities.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral. Able to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to comply with all BRI environmental and safety policies and procedures.
A competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, Bonus program, profit sharing and 401k. Relocation package available for the right candidate.
An Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.