An exciting role as an Analytical Chemist based in our Danbury, Connecticut location.
In this role you will manage the day-to-day operations of the Lab. Including responsibility for material testing and quality control. Oversees and provides methods and procedures used within the laboratory. Supervises the maintenance of laboratory instrumentation used for material testing and quality. Interfaces with other departments to provide communication as to the impact of processing time and testing results.
This position covers a range of activities including:
- Prepare and analyze materials based on Standard Operating Procedures and published methods.
- Conduct laboratory material evaluations and properties.
- Organize laboratory results into presentations/reports.
- Develop, write, and edit SOPs as needed, ensuring valid and accurate information.
- Perform maintenance for all chemical analytical equipment including daily preventative maintenance and calibration curves.
- Responsible for maintaining laboratory notebook including all details and records of research conducted.
- Ability to gather data, investigate and analyze information, compile information, draw conclusions and solve problems.
- Responds to inquiries, researches and resolves problems.
- Ensures logs and paperwork are accurate.
- Ability to perform all laboratory operations, processes, and interpret results.
- Complies with all BRI environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a BS or greater in Chemistry, Biology, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial setting with 3+ years of managerial experience.
- Ability to manage multiple project activities.
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to plan and work effectively.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
We offer…a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, Life Ins, Bonus program, tuition reimbursement, profit sharing and 401k. Relocation package available for the right candidate.
An Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.