An exciting role as a Distillation Chemist Level I., based in Danbury, Connecticut.
- 1st shift hours: Monday – Friday, 6:30am – 3:00pm
- 2nd shift hours: Monday – Friday, 2:30pm – 11:00pm (12.5% shift differential included)
- 3rd shift hours: Sunday – Friday, 10:30pm – 7:00am (25% shift differential included)
This function provides purification of organic chemicals using distillation techniques and related support systems. This involves a range of activities including:
- Sets up and adjusts distillation equipment. May operate heating, cooling, vacuum and pressure systems.
- Uses analytical equipment for assessing quality of distillation cuts and final products. Understands principles of operation of the equipment and, with supervision, interprets results.
- Transport, weigh, mix and pump chemical materials.
- Monitoring of process parameters to ensure product quality, yields and lot consistency.
- Proper care, safety, maintenance and usage of technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- May serve as a technical resource for Distillation Technician.
- Maintain all necessary production, safety, inventory, training, and other records and/or logs as required, in written and /or computer format.
- Complies with all BRI environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of distillation and analytical chemistry.
- BS in Chemistry or related field and one to five years’ experience in distillation.
- Ability to use interchangeably metric and U.S. standards of weights and measures and its application in determining molar quantity
- Skill in the operation of distillation and support equipment.
- Knowledge of piping and valve operations to control processes.
- Ability to conduct gas chromatographic analyses and interprets results.
- Evaluate materials by odor.
We offer… a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, Bonus program, profit sharing and 401k.
An Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.