Design and Construction Project Manager
An exciting role as a Design/Construction Project Manager at our location in Danbury, Connecticut. This function coordinates mid to large scale design/construction projects and helps oversee the schedule, budget, issues, and risks of projects. This function will assist and support the Project Planning Coordinator by performing administrative tasks, communicating with stakeholders, and ensuring resource availability for the group. This position will communicate with multiple departments within the organization, ensuring projects are organized, information is delivered to the appropriate individuals
This involves a range of activities including:
- Communicate effectively with internal departments, managers, directors, vendors and contractors to obtain information needed to start and lead projects to completion. Show ability to question decisions being made internally and by third parties to better understand processes and re-direct if needed.
- Track contractor performance and modify when needed.
- Track Certificate of Insurance (COIs) and expiration dates along with monitoring renewals.
- Receive and vet new vendor Certificate of Insurance (COIs) from departments for requested policies. Send COIs back to department director or designated project manager when insufficient. Contact agent to request any modifications.
- Obtain and review vendor proposals from Engineering/Maintenance departments; Vet proposals and estimates in a timely manner to work out comparative and competitive bids
- Follow up with vendors and ask pertinent questions about their proposals to better understand them and how to better align them with BRI’s needs.
- Monitor and review terms and conditions during early days of the proposals. Seek assistance from legal when needed.
- Work with Bedoukian CAD engineers to create Site Plans for the City, bidding documents, dimensional and construction drawings.
- Work as a liaison between contractors/trades/engineers and Bedoukian.
- Work with third party engineers to provide details for design, review of final drawings and comment for any modifications.
- Work with Purchasing to obtain required documents from various departments for Purchase Orders.
- Review approvals for payments, and advise holding back funds when work is not satisfactory.
- Help in the design and planning of spaces, rooms, equipment layout and outdoor foundations.
- Communicate with city officials and offices from the design to construction to completion stages.
- Comply with all BRI environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning, or in a related field and with three to five years’ experience related to architectural or site planning duties, or construction project management. Alternatively, three to five years’ experience directly related to duties and responsibilities specified.
- At least 2 years of project experience in CAD, Drafting, Rhino and related programs.
- An understanding and ability to approve or question site plans, floor plans, elevations, equipment and piping layouts.
- Ability to learn new things and receive training.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent writing, communication and presenting skills.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long-range goals.
We Offer… a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, Bonus program, profit sharing and 401k.
An Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.