Bite-Lite Office Manager and Bedoukian Accounting Assistant
An exciting dual role as an Accounting Assistant for Bedoukian Research, Inc. and an Office Manager for Bite-Lite Nature Inspired Insect Control Products, an affiliate of Bedoukian based in Danbury, CT.
Timeframe for Bite-Lite- March through August. Timeframe for Bedoukian- year round.
This involves a range of activities including:
- Perform accounting work as assigned.
- Receive calls and timely respond to customer inquiries regarding product, pricing, problems, and other information requested.
- Process orders through QuickBooks, and notify customers of shipment.
- Analyze sales data and organize results into management reports using Excel spreadsheets and formulas.
- Support sales coordination and problem resolution when required.
- Follow up on placed orders, shipping /delivery schedules, and payments.
- Assist with the maintenance of finances, banking, and taxes.
- Perform light shipping.
- Maintain social media sites.
- BS/BA and over 2 years experience in accounting is generally preferred
- Strong accounting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and command of QuickBooks.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Thoroughness and good writing skills.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Flexibility and Creativity.
- Experience with Social Media skills.
- Marketing experience or attended general marketing classes.
We offer… An opportunity to get hands-on experience with running a small business and as well as working for a global manufacturer of flavor and fragrance materials and insect pheromones.
An Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.